The Globalisation of Peace conference 12-14 October
The International Peace Bureau is holding a major conference next month in Paris. We would like to invite you (or your representative) to attend. We believe this conference represents an important Millennium initiative and that the programme is an attractive one.
Please note however that we have NO FUNDS for travel/accommodation subsidies. We greatly regret this but hope that you can find a way to secure the necessary resources.
So far we have registrations from 28 countries, including many in the Global South. More are coming in every day. We are delighted to have secured the participation of Danielle Mitterand and several other distinguished speakers. There is a lot of interest in this event and the daily news suggests that our initiative on the issue of 'the globalisation of peace' is very timely.
DO NOT DELAY IN BOOKING YOUR ACCOMMODATION, SOME HOTELS ARE ALREADY FULL UP. Also, remember to get your travel arrangements settled early -- and DONT FORGET TO REGISTER! The Paris office urgently needs registration fees to cover conference expenses. While it is possible to register in advance we prefer to receive payment by bank transfer.
Documents available from IPB:
1. Conference programme
2. Hotels & hostels list
3. Map of Paris
4. Map of Nanterre
5. Travel details (below)available in English and French
6. Declaration of Paris - available in English and French
7. Description and contacts sheet
8. Registration form - available in English and French
9. Mini-poster A4 and A3 versions, colour
10. Conference brochure English and French - colour - at printer, available in bulk from approx Sept 20. Let us know how many copies you can use. Many of these are on the IPB WEBSITE: www.ipb.org
Colin Archer, Secretary-General International Peace Bureau
41 rue de Zurich, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41-22-731-6429, Fax: 738-9419
Email: email@example.com, Web: www.ipb.org also: www.haguepeace.org, and youth.haguepeace.org
menu | dDH